Efficiency and EFFECTIVENESS
Optimizing capital investment.
Food manufacturing design MAXIMIZES SPACE, FUNCTIONALITY AND PRODUCTIVITY
People. Processes. Flow. Lying at the intersection of effective manufacturing design is efficiency, automation and innovation - all core fundamentals for leveraging capital investment and market position.
A Challenging ENVIRONMENT
Food manufacturing facilities must contain the capability to fulfill current and future demand. Reliance on foreign-sourced equipment, rapid changes in automation, fluctuations in raw goods supply, contaminants and cost control pressures pose productivity challenges. Others include:
- Product tracing and allergen information.
- Health regulations.
- Consumer demand for trending foods.
- Inventory management.
- Waste reduction and environmentally responsible packaging.
Characteristics of a FOOD MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT
- Designed for increased productivity and brand innovation.
- Focused on optimized processes with a layout
that supports growth.
- Product innovation and rapid time to market.
- Optimized energy efficiency and automation.
- Emphasis on health education, reduced waste and
food safety compliance.
- Facility designed for in sequence production and employee comfort.
- Packaging created with an awareness of retail shelf space profit.
- Growing consumer demand for healthy ingredients and sustainable