It is always worthwhile knowing GOOD PEOPLE
We aren’t just builders of structures. We build character. Integrity. Optimism in the possible. You bring the technical expertise and thoughts on how to make us better. Together we build a foundation for success.
This isHow We Work
Be a champion
Everyone has a voice
40% of our employees are here 12+ years
There is always someone willing to help
Personal and professional interests grow fast
Dacon seeks a versatile and creative Project Architect who is organized, provides technical direction and leads multiple projects from concept to completion. You will be responsible to ensure that design, specifications and construction documents meet codes and standards. Additionally you’ll manage all engineering consultants/subcontractors associated with projects ensuring thorough coordination, quality workmanship, scheduling and budget compliance.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in an associated field with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Establish the project scope, A/E budget and schedule for the development of construction documents on simultaneous projects.
- Produce all required program documentation, meeting minutes and correspondence associated with each project to ensure quality control, clear communication and expectations.
- Align project scope with budget. Accurately budget A/E costs, man hour tracking and schedules.
- Establish project design goals and program requirements.
- Work with Senior Technical Architect to perform code reviews of schematic design documents. Attend local municipal hearings when appropriate.
- Create accurate, comprehensive construction documents that are consistent with the corporate design philosophy.
- Facilitate the efforts and coordinate project summary and drawings for Structural, Civil, MEP/FP and consultants/subcontractors.
- Perform QA/QC and a constructability review on each project.
- Lead design technologists and architectural designers while encouraging their career development. Review the work of subordinates prior to release of documentation.
- Ensure the building design is in compliance with all local zoning bylaws, state building/fire codes, energy codes and handicap accessibility regulations. Review drawings for conformance to construction documents and project summary.
- Perform regular site inspections, attend site meetings and promptly issue progress field reports.
- Assure all PDA and consultants’/subcontractors’ site inspections are documented in a timely manner.
What a Dacon employee looks like:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, highly technical and creative.
- A maverick in oral/written communications, presentations, analysis, problem solving and client collaboration.
- Naturally curious; organized and efficient in managing multiple projects.
- Collaborates cross functionally, seamlessly interfacing with clients and internal resources.
- A grounded sense of communal purpose and enjoyment of career.
Individual minds. Collective talent. Talk to us and see where it takes you. Please reach out to Debra Rousseau, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.